Portland is home to some of the most creative and innovative marketing professionals in the nation, working with businesses that include local start-ups, globally-recognized brands, and everything between.
AMA PDX brings together these professionals, from across Portland and the surrounding areas, through valuable professional development events, networking opportunities, and monthly luncheons.
Connecting, Supporting and Empowering the Portland Marketing Community
AMA PDX is an award winning local chapter of the national American Marketing Association (AMA) which serves over 1.2 million marketings and sales professionals, 74 other local chapters and 390 collegiate chapters.
Volunteer-run non profit
AMA PDX is a 501(c)3 non-profit and volunteer run organization with the mission to connect, support and empower the Portland marketing community through education and professional development. As a volunteer organization we rely on the passions and talents of our local marketing community as well as the support of local sponsors to power our monthly events, mentorship program and non profit community outreach program.
AMA PDX was originally established in 1959 as the AMA Oregon chapter. In 2012, we renamed to AMA PDX to better align with our mission to serve the Portland Metro and Southern Washington marketing communities.
AMA PDX Chapter Awards:
- 2013-14 Leadership Excellence Award
- 2014-15 Leadership Special Merit Award, Programming Special Merit Award, Communication Excellence Award
Our Programs & Events
Our local chapter focuses on 3 key areas – Events, Professional Development and Community Outreach – to provide educational and networking opportunities
- Luncheons: hosted at Bridgeport Brewery, these lunch-time events provide insightful marketing fuel from leading local experts for you to chew on for future success.
- Professional Development Events: Expert lead, hands-on, behind-the-scenes, exclusive tips and tricks to shine a light on valuable marketing insights to take your skills to the next level.
- Blind Pig Brigade Networking Events: Out-of-the-box, unique and dynamic networking events to get you out of your comfort zone and get you connected with the area’s most diverse marketing professionals.
- Mentorship: A 3 month program to harness your leadership and professional skills, get the career support and build your local network.
- Community Outreach: A 6 month engagement in which you donate your marketing expertise to a local non profit in need, and in return, build your network and portfolio.