College AMA Chapters
Students: Serious about a marketing career? See how a collegiate AMA membership can help you get started.
If you are exploring a career in marketing, then it is time to recognize that the AMA – the world’s largest association of marketing professionals – is a valuable key to your marketing success. There are currently 390 college AMA chapters and 14,000 student members across North America taking advantage of membership in marketing’s premiere professional organization.
Participation in the collegiate chapter on your campus is an integral part of the AMA experience. Involvement in activities, committees, and service as an officer will provide practical marketing, advertising, management, promotion, and financial planning experience – experience that increases your value in today’s competitive job environment.
As an AMA student member, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with AMA-PDX professional members, whether its attending AMA-PDX events at a discount (all student tickets are $20), volunteering or participating in our mentorship program. For more information, please fill out our contact form.
College AMA Chapters in Oregon:
- Portland State University
- University of Oregon
Become a Student AMA Member
Collegiate Membership is for full-time students only, who are not working full-time. Annual dues are $115 and membership comes with access to an incredible array of opportunities, resources and events.
Here’s a sampling:
- Discounts on marketing publications such as Marketing News, Collegiate Connection, Journal of Marketing, and Marketing Management to name a few.
- Access to MarketingPower.com, the AMA Member Resource Center and the AMA Member Career CenterExclusive invitation to the International AMA Collegiate Conference
- Specialty conference, seminar and workshop access at discounted rates
- Listing in the globally-accessed online AMA Member Roster
- Leadership opportunities that look great on a resume: manage finances, people, projects, and deadlines
- Win Annual Chapter Awards that recognize outstanding collegiate chapters and faculty advisors for their work and service
- Save over 50% on your Young Professional Membership for up to three years