To AMA-PDX and PRSA Portland members,
A few months ago, we met for coffee and Pip’s Donuts on NE Fremont, a small, family run business that celebrates the #CommunityNotCompetition way to do business.
It was inspiring as we discussed how we can better serve our own members. Whether you have a marketing, communications or public relations title, in an integrated marketing communications environment, there’s more to learn from our collective community.
That’s why this week our organizations signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) that will allow our members to attend each other’s events at member pricing.
So, if you are an AMA-PDX member, you can attend PRSA Portland events at the PRSA member rate. If you are a PRSA Portland member, you can attend AMA-PDX events at the AMA member rate. For AMA-PDX and PRSA Portland events, that is an average savings of $10!
For instance, here are a few events upcoming:
- Making Connections: The Payoff of Paying Attention – AMA-PDX’s September 13 luncheon at Bridgeport Brewing Company featuring Jennifer Davis, chief marketing officer of Leyard
- MAX Awards – AMA-PDX’s annual marketing excellence awards party on September 22 at The Colony
- Meet the Media – PRSA’s Sept. 22 event at The Oregonian with Jeff Manning.
- PRSA Spotlight Awards – Our chapter’s annual recognition of the best in public relations. We’ll be celebrating on Thursday night, October 6 at Portland State University.
- Swine & Dine Networking Event – AMA-PDX’s October 19 Blind Pig Networking Brigade event at Wacom Experience Center
- Hacking Brainstorming: How to Spark Your Team’s Creativity – AMA-PDX’s November 2 Professional Development event at Urban Airship featuring Phil Herbert, Strategy Lead for eROI
If there are any questions, please feel free to email Mark Mohammadpour at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Elaine Volpe at email@example.com.
We look forward to connecting these two groups, sharing best practices and making new connections!
At your service,
Mark Mohammadpour, APR
PRSA Portland Metro Chapter